Friday, October 22, 2010

Phoenix Coyotes!!!!!!!!!

I understand that the NHL wants hockey to grow in the US,But some places are not a good fit. Phoenix!!!! I know that Phoenix is a major metropolitan area,but you have so much to compete against.The NFL,NBA,MLB, and Major NCAA Athletics. Im wondering if Gary Bettman thought Arizona was a good fit, because of it's large amount of Snowbirds,who fly in to escape the cold winters up north.Lets Be Real!!!!! What person 65+ wants to deal with traffic,High Ticket Prices,Finding there seat,Dealing with there bladder,(Can you imagine you G-Ma standing in those long lines to use the restroom)" I Love Hockey" and I want to see it grow in the States,But to move this Frachise from hockey crazy Winnipeg,is still strange to me. The NHL had an opportunity to relocate this team,but instead they recommitted to Phoenix. I understand wanting to grow intrest,but lets try someplace that's INTERESTED.......

1 comment:

  1. I can think of a few cities who could give up their NHL teams to more hockey crazed towns. Attendance, records and stats are not a good way to judge overall preformance of a team. I think (I could be wrong and neive) but, demand for team merchandise, tickets, players, team talent and competition are all resonable factors. The NHL is a business and the objective is to create teams that can generate money/revenue. Some cities/states have proven there is a demand for more than 1 team, and I am sure there are a few more than have a better chance at sustaining a 2nd team than a few cities can with one team.

    ReplyDelete